Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Language

I think Braden has started to tell me in his own way that it is time to start correcting Conner's language and speech. I will tell you there is a lot of things about motherhood I never expected until I had these little munchkins. One thing is that I am almost heartbroken every time we pass a stage that I loved. It has been harder for me with Conner since I don't have another baby to fill that stage in another year or two. One last thread of baby we are hanging on to is the cute things he says. I know I only have a little while longer before he just sounds like a regular grown boy (and yes that makes me sad). He still says some things like the word them instead of they "Where them going? or What are them doing?" Wrong but I love it. He also says some words incorrectly like buffalo is pronounced fuffalo to him. He can probably say the word buffalo just fine but he thinks the word is fuffalo. The other day we were talking about the buffalo and Braden piped in that we were not saying the word correctly. Apparently we were irritating him. I guess I will have to let Braden tell him the correct words but until then I will enjoy the cute words.

No comments: